- Normal Things
- We go to assemblies.
- We practice math.
- We solve story problems.
- We go outside for recess.
- We go to specials.
- We go to lunch.
- We have breakfast in our classroom.
- We read stories.
- We tell stories.
- We write.
- We play math games to practice our math skills.
- We learn new things about math, science, social studies, reading, art, and technology.
- We learn about the next grade ahead (for us, that’s 3rd grade).
- We talk about our rules and expectations.
- We talk about plot, characters, setting and genres.
- Different/Special Things
- We play wii to solve story problems.
- We talk to people through twitter.
- We created and now do our own jobs for the classroom.
- We have a smart board, and we use it for phonics so we can be awesome readers.
- We have bouncy balls to sit on in case we need to get some energy out.
- We each have our own laptop, which we will start using hopefully next week.
- We have our own ipods.
- We use google voice to record our reading and answers from a home telephone.
- We have an ipad.
- We have special “Turtle S.W.A.G. nametags”.
- We do math minute, and will have an ice cream party when the year is through.
- Our groups are named after continents because we want to learn about other places. Hopefully we can talk on skype with other classrooms.
- We have fun trophies.
- We have a guitar hero, and on Friday’s we have guitar hero parties.
- We have special folders, special math notebooks, and special writing binders for publishing stories.
- We have a special teacher!
- We have special students, who want to work really hard, be kind, and change the world!
What do you do during the school day? Please tell us.
Do you do things like us? Or do you also have things special to your classroom that are different than ours?
We’re going to take pictures this week and upload them to our website, so you can see what we do during the school day.
Hope you see them and like them!
-Mr. Hill’s Turtles